Huber-Hus - House Museum and Resident History
The Huber-Hus, built at the end of the 16th century and last inhabited by the Huber family, has been accessible as a museum since 2005. The reconstructed living and working rooms of the house form the core area of the exhibition. The parlour, adjoining chamber, kitchen and "cooper's workshop" are open for viewing. Most of the furnishings and furnishings come from the last owners. According to dendrochronological investigations, the house was built in 1590. Historically, the Huber-Hus is currently the oldest dated building with an original 6-cell ground plan organisation on the Tannberg. https://www.lechmuseum.at/ausstellungen/huber-hus/
Walser Museum - On the trail of memory. Craft and work.
This show collection houses the extensive collection of the local history and museum association Lech-Tannberg. In addition to mountain farming, skiing and sacred folk art, there are numerous exhibits from the areas of handicrafts, animal husbandry, home culture and textile work to discover. Everything that has been collected by the members of the association is arranged here - like a show depot - concentrated object by object.
The show collection is today almost a museum within the museum, but it can also be regarded as a village association museum, as in so many communities in the second half of the 20th century. The collection concentrates on what seemed lost, especially the rural world. The wealth of objects on display, around 1,500 in all, is what makes the museum so attractive. New things can be discovered every time you visit the museum. https://www.lechmuseum.at/ausstellungen/schausammlung-lech-tannberg/
Culture on the hiking trail
The Wang-Hus is one of the oldest houses on the Tannberg. A glance through the windows of this historic monument reveals the living and lifestyle style of bygone times. It is not a museum in the original sense, but since its restoration in 1998 it has been open to the public as a historical monument.
The core of the Wang-Hus dates back to the late 15th century. It is a single-celled - later two-celled - house without a cellar. The dating of the parlour beams resulted in a felling date of 1494, which means that the parlour was built in 1495, as the wood for the parlours was normally processed immediately.
The name Wang, a name typical of the time of the clearing colonisation, is due to the location of the estate on a sunny hillside terrace. As the property is situated at the foothills of a swamp or on the edge of a marshy area, there is soil that offers the best conditions for livestock farming.
Hof desert Schöneberg
At the beginning of the 20th century, house no. 2/4 on Schöneberg, which was first mentioned in written sources in the 15th century, was demolished.
Since then, the courtyard desert has been fallow and only the remains of its walls have been visible. In 2012 the courtyard desert was archaeologically examined. The special feature is a covered passageway running underground between the house and the stable. The connecting passage, which in the meantime threatened to collapse, was restored in the course of the archaeological investigation. The remains of the wall and the reconstructed connecting passage can be visited.